It’s the beginning of the New Year and the lists of what is in/out are everywhere. This is a good list on financial trends. Here are the basics of what...
Many articles and reports are surfacing regarding the trends in 2015. I researched trends in the workforce to see what is new and changing in best practices. I was surprised that contrary to general news reports, 36% of employers are expecting to hire full time employees in 2015, up 12% from 2014.
This is contrary to many reports that employers are looking to reduce employee hours under full time employment and expecting to hire only part time employees. Below I list several other contrary to public option on hiring and working environments.
- Minimum wage increase: 45% of employers to increase wages, 83% increase above $2
- Small business employment increase: 29% to add full time employees, up 22%
- Stricter education requirements: more complex and data driven roles; 28% now hiring master than undergrad degree, 37% now hiring undergrad degrees than high school
- Part time job increase: increase of 23%, up 6% from last year
- Elimination of cubical walls: more open space for improved communications
This trend favors individuals with or acquiring advance degrees and available for full time employment. Also, this trend dose indicate the near term increase in pay due to the shortage of available talent to fill employment needs.
Gary Kapanowski – Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt – Excelsior
The following blog is the opinion of Gary Kapanowski and Garykapanowski.com. It is the sole intent to broadcast this opinion from Gary Kapanowski and Garykapanowski.com exclusively and not to reflect on any other institutions or organizations associated with Gary Kapanowski or Garykapanowski.com.