Here is something fun. Being an avid comic book fanatic, it’s great to see these classic stories come to life in movies. Over the next several years, many of the...
After establishing the LTU Women’s forum to assist career professional women with finding work in a new field, I realized that it is very difficult for many working professionals to understand how the job seeker can obtain the right visibility and focus to find the opportunity they are seeking. This article will list several of the recommendations by the participants that they viewed were necessary for this process to become successful.
- Own your situation: Focus what you can control to get to where you want to go.
- Get involved: Seek opportunities where you can shine and use your skills. This can be anywhere from at your current job to volunteering.
- Stay positive: read motivational books and articles to start positive thinking and talking.
- Ask for help: don’t be afraid to ask your friends or network to review your thoughts of your direction.
- Treat this like a job: Purse your career with enthusiasm and focus like a work related job tasks.
- Put your goals on paper: this establishes where you want to go and how you will get there. This can be yearly, monthly, weekly metrics to assist you with your focus.
- Update your Linkedin / resume: Since most recruiters are on Linkedin, this is where you want to be to get noticed. See what others are doing with their profile to be competitive then update to make it your own.
- Learn a new skill: This allows you to show that you can adapt to any organization and industry trends needed to satisfy customer demands.
- Join a professional organization: This provides the environment to ask others to see what is required to become successful and how to get noticed for opportunities.
- Build your network: For any career development, the network will allow for growth mentors, and references for any requirement.
Gary Kapanowski – Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt – Excelsior
The following blog is the opinion of Gary Kapanowski and Garykapanowski.com. It is the sole intent to broadcast this opinion from Gary Kapanowski and Garykapanowski.com exclusively and not to reflect on any other institutions or organizations associated with Gary Kapanowski or Garykapanowski.com.