In a study of 306 investment professionals, the question posed was what price point for oil will trigger a global recession, i.e. the canary in a coal mine. The results...
This is a nice article for those looking to update their skills sets for today’s economy. Based on the survey results from the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE), ten specific skills can be improved to show growth and relevance.
- Ability to work in a team structure
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems (tie)
- Ability to communicate verbally with people inside and outside an organization
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work
- Ability to obtain and process information
- Ability to analyze quantitative data
- Technical knowledge related to the job
- Proficiency with computer software programs
- Ability to create and/or edit written reports
- Ability to sell and influence others
Since most survey respondents (71%) prefer these skills, it’s important to focus on these areas even if you not currently job seeking. Improving our ability to understand and analyze data is clearly important. To improve soft skills, focus on team settings and areas you improved during your career.
Gary Kapanowski – Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt – Excelsior
The following blog is the opinion of Gary Kapanowski and Garykapanowski.com. It is the sole intent to broadcast this opinion from Gary Kapanowski and Garykapanowski.com exclusively and not to reflect on any other institutions or organizations associated with Gary Kapanowski or Garykapanowski.com.