Let’s play a game: What would your household income need to be to be part of the 1%? According to the IRS 2014 data, it would take at least $380,000....
Many people are talking about the income gap between the have and the have-nots. Having real data provides meaning to the observations sited as fact by many pundits. Catey Hill from MarketWatch wrote an interesting article using real data to clarify many interesting features such as
- There is 1 billionaire for every 3 million people
- 56% have net worth between $1 – $2 Billion; less than 5% are worth more than $10 Billion
- US has the most quantity of Billionaires followed by China then UK
- Top 4 Universities attended by Billionaires: University of Pennsylvania, Harvard, Yale, University of Southern California
- 55% of Billionaires were self-made, they created their own fortune
Gary Kapanowski – Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt – Excelsior
The following blog is the opinion of Gary Kapanowski and Garykapanowski.com. It is the sole intent to broadcast this opinion from Gary Kapanowski and Garykapanowski.com exclusively and not to reflect on any other institutions or organizations associated with Gary Kapanowski or Garykapanowski.com.