In a study of more than 60,000 people from over 180 countries by the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development identified the “Better Life Index” for each country. The results...
This article provides a list for utilizing continuous improvement initiatives when running a factory. For any industry, this can be used for implementing Lean.
- Focus on today’s technology before buying something new
- When possible, never do “all new”
- Pay attention to detail. Don’t assume
- Adopt a “common” focus
- Be extremely wary of expanding by acquisitions
- Think twice before reorganizing your shop to make it more competitive
- Lean manufacturing is not the total solution
- Keep it lean – keep it flowing – Never stop
- Don’t chase magic bullets
Gary Kapanowski – Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt – Excelsior
The following blog is the opinion of Gary Kapanowski and Garykapanowski.com. It is the sole intent to broadcast this opinion from Gary Kapanowski and Garykapanowski.com exclusively and not to reflect on any other institutions or organizations associated with Gary Kapanowski or Garykapanowski.com.