As a professional accountant, Gary Kapanowski has held various leadership roles such as the president of the Detroit Chapter of the Institute of Management Accountants. Gary Kapanowski tries to also...
Raising the corporate ladder is difficult for anyone. The latest research indicates being a woman with kids is not a favorable indicator for success. The positive indicator of mentorship boosts the results for women. The interesting fact from the article is that the supply of women with credible education backgrounds would point to a more normal distribution of leaders by gender.
Some interesting results include the following:
- The workforce is represented by 42% men and 58% of women, a 53% increase since 1963
- The number of working mothers have grown to 70% from 54% in 1962
- A record number of Title VII sex discrimination cases were filed in 2012
- 88% of women completed High School or more
- 37% of women completed four years of college
- 11% of women completed graduate school compared to 8% of men
Clearly, this data indicates a six sigma professional’s curiosity to investigate in more detail. Is anyone interested in starting a Six Sigma Black Belt project?
Gary Kapanowski – Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt – Excelsior
The following blog is the opinion of Gary Kapanowski and Garykapanowski.com. It is the sole intent to broadcast this opinion from Gary Kapanowski and Garykapanowski.com exclusively and not to reflect on any other institutions or organizations associated with Gary Kapanowski or Garykapanowski.com.