You asked for it. These are the top blue collar jobs paying more than $100,000. Good luck trying out for these jobs, the lines are long I’m sure. Police Officer...
I’m always interested in learning. By reading and networking outside of your comfort zone, you can grow. Every year, Bill Gates communicates his reading list from the past year. This past year’s list is very intriguing. You might find this helpful and enlightening.
- “The Road to Character” by David Brooks; asks the question of when do my talents and gladness meet the world’s need.
- “Mindset: The New Psychology of Success” by Carol Dweck; this book describes that our talents and intelligence is not fixed at birth, but rather having a growing mindset influenced by parents and teachers, for example, can have an impact on your life.
- “Being Nixon” by Evan Thomas; this is an unbiased view of the president and his management style to provide insight on what to and not to do.
- “Sustainable Materials With Both Eyes Open” by Julian Allwood and Jonathan Cullen; with the combination of using less disposable product and producing it more efficiently, greenhouse-gas emission could be cut in half.
- “Thing Explainer: Complicated Stuff in Simple Words” by Randall Munroe; in this world of smartphones, the ability to explain something simply is essential and it also tells the audience that you understand the material.
Gary Kapanowski – Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt – Excelsior
The following blog is the opinion of Gary Kapanowski and Garykapanowski.com. It is the sole intent to broadcast this opinion from Gary Kapanowski and Garykapanowski.com exclusively and not to reflect on any other institutions or organizations associated with Gary Kapanowski or Garykapanowski.com.