For over fifteen years, Gary Kapanowski has applied his expert accounting services to help various professional organizations streamline their business. He continues to share his accounting knowledge to many professionals...
Everyone has a hobbies even if its video games or watching TV. Some hobbies can assist you in your job. This article explains why this can occur and what types of hobbies can contribute. This was performed as a study on the correlation between hobbies and job performance. Viewing hobbies and a skill that gives you a sense of mastery, ability to develop new skills and thought processes, and challenging yourself to learn something new. Reviewing your hobbies in this manner will allow for you to utilize your hobby to enhance your career.
- Yoga: Manage your work / life stress for improved workplace performance
- Playing a musical instrument: developing good listening skills, experimenting, overcoming repeated failure, self-discipline, and successful collaboration
- Volunteering: a sense of community and increased networking and leadership opportunities
- Playing Team Sports: sense of resilience, time manager, work well with others, develop strong communication skills and work hard to achieve their goals
- Learning Improv Comedy: how to collaborate, think on their feet, develop ideas, express creativity, public speaking
Gary Kapanowski – Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt – Excelsior
The following blog is the opinion of Gary Kapanowski and Garykapanowski.com. It is the sole intent to broadcast this opinion from Gary Kapanowski and Garykapanowski.com exclusively and not to reflect on any other institutions or organizations associated with Gary Kapanowski or Garykapanowski.com.