With the price of Oil at 1979 prices, adjusted for inflation, it a good time to understand how did we get here. Many oil experts agree that the weak demand...
Your degree will determine you employment status in today’s job market, especially for those aged 22 to 26. Here are some interesting facts:
- Most employed degree is education majors (94.9%) followed by agriculture and natural resources majors (95.5%), physical science majors (95%) and industrial arts, consumer services and recreation majors (94.6%)
- Lowest employed degree is architecture (89.7%), communication and journalism (91.8%), social sciences (91.9%), psychology and social work (91%), law and public policy (91.4%), and humanities and liberal arts (91.6%)
- Graduate degrees assist in being employed, especially for those experienced workers aged 35 to 54, dropping to a low of 96.7% employed at the peak of the financial crisis.
- With college debt totaling $1.16 trillion in 2014, the question to ask is “What did I get for my money”
- Projected full employment is forecasted in 2017, about 97.5%
- Recent college graduates wage premium over high school graduates by 140%, with engineering earning double
- The demand for college graduates has not diminish
Gary Kapanowski – Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt – Excelsior
The following blog is the opinion of Gary Kapanowski and Garykapanowski.com. It is the sole intent to broadcast this opinion from Gary Kapanowski and Garykapanowski.com exclusively and not to reflect on any other institutions or organizations associated with Gary Kapanowski or Garykapanowski.com.